- Must provide annual documentation of medication with dosage, good control of symptoms, and no adverse side effects to driver from prescriber (who may be PCP or mental health professional).
- Disqualified if severe (taking more than two meds to control mood) or if suicide attempt/hospitalization within the past 12 months.
- If disqualified, there is a 1 year waiting period before recertification is possible
- If mild or moderate (<2 medications), must present written diagnosis from PCP or mental health professional.
- If severe, must be evaluated by a mental health professional and must provide documentation of that evaluation and documentation of follow-up visits every 2 years.
- Must provide annual documentation of medication with dosage, good control of symptoms, and no adverse side effects to driver from prescriber (may be PCP or mental health professional).
- Disqualified if severe (taking more than two meds to control depression) unless driver provides written documentation that he/she has been symptom-free for at least 6 months.
- Disqualified for 1 year after the events. If disqualified, will require written documentation that symptoms have been successfully treated.
- If mild or moderate (none-2 medications), must present written diagnosis by mental health professional and documentation that driver is symptom-free for at least 6 months if mild (none-1 med) or 1 year if moderate (2 meds).
- Will need to provide documentation of follow-up with mental health providers every 2 years.
- Disqualified if severe (more than 2 meds, suicide attempt, active psychosis)
- There is no waiting period, but personality disorders that include excessive, aggressive or impulsive behavior may require further risk assessment
- Lithium: must provide documentation of therapeutic level
- Benzodiazipenes: can only be on short-acting meds for less than 2 weeks. Cannot be on long-acting meds or taking them consistently longer than 2 weeks
- Tri-cyclic Antidepressants: can only be on small doses (50 mg or less)
- Stimulant medications (e.g. for ADHD): can only be on a single medication
- Methadone: disqualified
- Medical marijuana: disqualified
489 Bernardston Road
*** All psychiatric diagnoses including ADHD, Bipolar Disorder, Major Depression and Schizophrenia require written diagnosis from a mental health professional who understands the functions and demands of commercial driving. Require follow up with a mental health provider at least every 2 years & must provide documentation.***
Patients must arrive 30 minutes prior to closing time in order to be seen. We apologize for any inconvenience.